On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 18:31 +0200, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:

> This biggest challenge I see here is the correct triggers, but I
> must admit that I don't know how it's triggered now. AFAIK foreman-
> infra currently pretty much contains /etc/puppet and is checked out
> there. This should also be moved to a proper control repository (and
> there's a TODO item for that).

So currently we make use of the fact that it's in the files/ subdir of
the jjb module to simply do a recursive deploy to /etc/jenkins_jobs -
see [1]. So long as (a) we can maintain the deployment to
/etc/jenkins_jobs, and (b) correctly trigger JJB itself, then it should
be fine. There are plenty of VCS puppet modules out there, I'm sure we
can use one to clone from git and notify the exec.

[1]
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-infra/blob/master/puppet/modules/jenkins_job_builder/manifests/config.pp#L15-L25

Greg