On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Lukas Zapletal <l...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I am all for pulling all complex changes out of post scriplets.
>
> On the other hand, I like that not calling an installer was always an
> option, at least for minor releases. We have lots of users (mainly in
> downstream) who did not buy into Puppet and they tend to modify lots
> of configs manually trying to avoid installer runs as possible. This
> change would make this required otherwise database wont be migrated.
>
> I would like to have an external script that would do the work but you
> could still run it outside of the installer. This is kinda Satellite 5
> experience, which is not bad at all I think.

Can we start by extracting the code into a script, and then executing the
script from post rpm trans? I dislike the fact that we are now introducing
a must have step (rake db:migrate db:seed apipie:cache:index ) which was
not required before.

This will also can be reflected in the UI where if we have a pending db
migration for example, we can ask the user to execute that script manually
if needed.

Ohad