Hi all,

We're seeing more and more interest in Ansible within the Foreman
community, and one facet of that is the ability to deploy Foreman
itself using Ansible. That obviously requires a set of resources that
use the Foreman API to create/update objects in Foreman. That effort
has already been started with the ansible-modules repo [1] which uses
Nailgun [2] underneath. At present, there are 5 Foreman resources in
this repo (and another 12 Katello ones).

However, there is also a community member workingon this in parallel
[3] using a different Python layer [4] underneath. That repo contains a
much larger / more complete set of API resources, and it would be a
shame not to use it, and to give credit to it's creator.

So, this is a call for collaboration on how to bring these together.
I've reached out to Nosmoht (BCC'd on this mail, hi!) and he's willing
to participate in this effort, so next we'll be needing a few more
volunteers to join in, and discuss how to proceed. From my perspective,
I think it makes sense to continue to use the "theforeman" repo for now
(things under our namespace are easier to promote as 'official'), merge
in Nosmoht's modules (and make him a committer / maintainer) and then
work on standardising all the modules to use the same underlying tool
(and deate which one it should be). Once we're happy with the stability
of the repo, we can consider trying to get it added to the Ansible
repos.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Greg