On 11/20, Ohad Levy wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <
> ew...@kohlvanwijngaarden.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 11:27:57AM +0200, Ohad Levy wrote:
> >

> >> Can anyone shed some light on ETA for 1.16 GA?
> >>

> > I should have given an update earlier.
> >
> > So far we've been wanting to include the foreman tasks as a service from
> > core rather than from foreman-tasks. As always we want that change to first
> > land in develop but we've been struggling with broken nightlies for quite
> > some time. It loked like it was fixed since the builds started to pass
> > aagin but we have no validation on the actual UI. Turns out that's broken
> > and we have no automated testing for this.
> >
> > Would it be an option to ship 1.16 without dynflow service in the core or
> > would that break things?
>

> AFAIU - nothing uses it atm as we were uncertain if it can really  be
> used.. there is some code in core regarding that, so I'm not sure if that
> matters... Daniel?

It definitely can be used as proven by:

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4240
https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6750
https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6752
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4717

Not having a separate service to run Dynflow doesn't have many implications now
that nothing is using it.

If foreman-tasks still ships the service to start/stop the dynflow executor,
we're still fine (same as 1.15). Even without tasks, there's always a dynflow
executor running with Foreman
(https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/blob/1.16-stable/config/application.rb#L245)
but this one cannot be stopped or started without restarting Passenger too.

> > --
> >

> --

Daniel Lobato Garcia

@dLobatog