On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 05:36:29PM +0000, Ivan Necas wrote:
po 20. 11. 2017 v 13:36 odesílatel Daniel Lobato Garcia <elobat...@gmail.com>
napsal:

On 11/20, Ohad Levy wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <
> ew...@kohlvanwijngaarden.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 11:27:57AM +0200, Ohad Levy wrote:
> >

> >> Can anyone shed some light on ETA for 1.16 GA?
> >>

> > I should have given an update earlier.
> >
> > So far we've been wanting to include the foreman tasks as a service
from
> > core rather than from foreman-tasks. As always we want that change to
first
> > land in develop but we've been struggling with broken nightlies for
quite
> > some time. It loked like it was fixed since the builds started to pass
> > aagin but we have no validation on the actual UI. Turns out that's
broken
> > and we have no automated testing for this.
> >
> > Would it be an option to ship 1.16 without dynflow service in the core
or
> > would that break things?
>

> AFAIU - nothing uses it atm as we were uncertain if it can really  be
> used.. there is some code in core regarding that, so I'm not sure if that
> matters... Daniel?

It definitely can be used as proven by:

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4240
https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6750
https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/6752
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4717

Not having a separate service to run Dynflow doesn't have many
implications now
that nothing is using it.

If foreman-tasks still ships the service to start/stop the dynflow
executor,
we're still fine (same as 1.15). Even without tasks, there's always a
dynflow
executor running with Foreman
(
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/blob/1.16-stable/config/application.rb#L245
)
but this one cannot be stopped or started without restarting Passenger too.

If we decide for releasing without that, we need to put the files back into
foreman tasks for 1.16:
I would definitely rather see this resolved properly. Anythink we can help
with?

Right now we have verified it works on EL7 and are working on Debian. When that works, we will merge it to nightly. IMHO it's up to Daniel to make the call if we want to backport it to 1.16 since he's the release manager.