Sorry to revive an old thread, see for reasons below.
> foreman-yml [1]
> ===============
> Foreman-yml is a command line tool written in Python, which provides the
> ability to define the whole Foreman configuration (OS, partitioning
> templates, provisioning templates, etc.) in a simple and readable YAML file.
> In comparison to the hammer-cli foreman-yml is able to resolve the object
> names
> to its corresponding IDs. Meaning for example you can use the template names
> when defining the operating system without having to worry about the IDs. This
> also includes linking the corresponding objects, e.g. "check" the needed
> partiton templates in the OS context.
I'm trying to move a lot of info from my 1.11 to 1.12 and later 1.13 and
thought I could try this out.

I'm trying this on a Centos-7, foreman-1.12.2 instance but I get the
dreaded ERROR cannot connect to Foreman-API.
Looking at production.log I see the calls to get the version number and
then the call to apidoc/v2.json with a HTTP status code of 200 so OK.
After that I get the error so the message is not what is really
happening. Trying a few things I noticed that ipdb and single stepping
through I saw a syntax error pass by but can't pinpoint where that is
coming from other then that is after the apidoc/v2.json call. Thats
about as much python experience I can throw at it

Any help is appreciated,

Joop