On 11 October 2016 at 19:25, Stefan Lasiewski <slasiew...@lbl.gov> wrote:

> The `templates:purge` command was added just over a month ago, and the
> documentation is available in an older version of
> https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_templates.

The `master` branch README always points to the latest version. If you
switch to the README for your version (
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_templates/tree/2.1.0) then it should
be correct.

I was able to get the correct version of my templates by specifying the
> correct foreman branch, like this:
> foreman-rake templates:sync branch=1.11-stable
> I was expecting `foreman-rake templates:sync` to sync to the `1.11-stable`
> branch, but instead appears to sync to a newer version instead, and those
> templates are not compatible with 1.11.

The plugin should correctly determine your version and sync the right
branch - I'm surprised that it didn't. If you wan't to debug it further, or
if it continues to happen, let me know.