Conor,

to be honest, I am really not sure what you are trying to do. We do
have some iPXE support in Foreman, but this is mostly limited to iPXE
template type, so you can use Foreman to generate its contents. If
your intention is to have Foreman to supply custom DHCP filename
option (e.g. http:/somehost/my/ipxe) this is not supported.

LZ

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Conor Mc Garvey <cmcgar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to use an iPXE script delivered over HTTP as my global default.
> This is to make use of the "3 state boot" in pure iPXE.
>
> http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/foreman/wiki/3_state_boot
>
> Known to Foreman and in Build mode
>
> A MAC-specific PXE file is written (OS-specific installer template)
>
> Known to Foreman and not in Build mode
>
> A MAC-specific PXE file is written (Global PXE Localboot template)
>
> Unknown to Foreman
>
> The global default PXE file is used (PXE Default File template)
>

> I need to be able to provide a default file, over HTTP. Which is an iPXE
> menu. And also files based on MAC, for discovered hosts.
>
> Basically what is now provided in SysLinux/PXELinux, GRUB, GRUB2 now.
>
> Is this possible in foreman now?
>
> --

Later,
  Lukas @lzap Zapletal