Dear all,

Since last Friday there exists an up-to-date copy of the GAP source code on
github.com under

  https://github.com/gap-system/gap

This will be the official development repository for GAP as of now, and GAP
4.8 and all future versions of GAP will be made from this repository.

For those interested in HPC-GAP there is a branch in the repository that
contains the current source code of HPC-GAP. Alas, at this point it doesn't
compile as it is from the repository as it is missing a dependency. We hope to
resolve this very soon.

We invite everyone to contribute bugreports, bugfixes, documentation,
documentation fixes, and code to GAP via so-called "issues" and "pull requests"
on github.

There is some guidance on how we would like contributions to work in the file

  https://github.com/gap-system/gap/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

If you have any questions, or suggestions for GAP, the repository, or
documentation,
feel free to contact us via the GAP mailing list g...@gap-system.org, or submit
an
issue or a pull request on github.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Markus