Professor Bernd:
Ask yourself: If you made changes to a document, close the editor and do NOT
want to save the changes, what would you say if the editor saves the document
without asking you?

In this case I would say thank you. Simple, because as I said this is an
additional comfort function which suits for some people and not for all.

Professor Bernd:
Because you are not the only user?

David in Delta offered you a solution, but you did not understand it. Or you
did, but would rather let others do the work?

It's very simple: Create a file once (not every time!) on your desktop and name
it e.g. "My notes.txt". Then set the backup settings in PSPad as you like. Now
the file will be backed up automatically every x minutes. If you open it and
don't need the old content anymore, press Ctrl+A and Del. Then you write the new
text. Use your imagination to meet your taste. ;-)

Bernd.

Seems it's getting personal here though I was only suggesting a feature. That's
really not what I am into.

I understood the mentioned workaround, but it solves only small parts of the
suggested feature.

Take care.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,53682,73683>