From: Pat LaVarre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 8:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [t13] Proposal - obsolete Seek

This message is from the T13 list server.

Obsoleting not-useful-in-the-field stuff like Ata op x70 Seek isn't
necessarily helpful.

Summer of 2001 I saw people surprised to discover an Oem in question there
wanted Ata ops x23/33 ReadLong/WriteLong to work.  They were ok learning
those new ops and the corresponding xEF:44 SetFeatures
VendorUniqueLongBlockLength ... but they were not happy having to learn an
obsoleted data transfer protocol: they had trouble tossing just the hi bytes
away after the first x200 bytes transferred in pairs.

Pat LaVarre

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:41:40 -0700, Mclean, Pete wrote:
>I have uploaded e02101r0 Proposal to obsolete the SEEK command in
>ATA/ATAPI-7 to incoming on the FTP site. It will be added to the agenda for
>the February meeting.

Yes! Yippie! Party Time!

Why didn't we do this years ago?

*** Hale Landis *** www.ata-atapi.com ***