Hi,

I would like to help host a Home Assistant https://www.home-assistant.io/ hackathon, where we can learn how to install Home Assistant on a hardware (for example Raspberry Pi) and connect our first Internet of Things things to it.

I could imagine:

- presence detection via Bluetooth and phone
- a light bulb
- a electic switch

Basically something really easy and inexpensive, so that many can join in doing that.

And after we get the main functionality up we can help each other to find out other things like how to make it accessible from the internet, how to secure it, what other things we can connect, etc.

What do you guys think, would that be something people would be interested in?

/Jeena