I agree - sounds really fun! I also want to explore the MQTT side of
HomeAssistant. I have some Raspberry Pi ZeroW's that I want to
integrate.

Should we try to do this mid-January next year? I think that the
Christmas season is coming quickly now, so it might be hard for people
to do a meeting in December.

Cheers,

Johan