Dear Pranish and Sushil

Your work regarding transliteration, (Conversion of English to Devanagari
Script, You mentioned wrongly
as a Language Translator, It is not) is a wonderful job as an undergraduate
project.

It seems to be incomplete and is not tested one and need to do lots more to
handle
complex joining characters. For Example : केन्द्रीय, राष्ट्रीय etc.

I was working in the same project during my undergraduate and after and is
written in Java and
can handle such words mentioned above. But it has still lots more to do.
Because, We need
handle context during transliteration, what google does is now as a
swallow processing (statistical)
system.

My suggestion is, design the test cases best on your algorithm(logic) and
also based on
the Nepali words. Verify it and then only publish it further.

Dear Sushil,

You can see me at my office, Nepal Engineering College,
Department of  Computer Engineering.
http://nec.edu.np/faculty/santabb/

Regards,
Santa

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Sushil Ale Magar <magar.sushil...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Hempal Sir and Prashish sir,
>
> Thank you for your response and suggestion. I will definitely follow
> the terms and provide the specification of my project in coming days.
>
> Thank you once again and looking forward for your help and suggestion.
>
> On 3/17/13, prashishh <prashi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Hempal Sir,
> >
> > Thank you for your response. I think the license* "Creative
> > Commons-Attribution -NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License"* that
> > you mentioned looks fine. It ensures the first three points that I would
> > like to incorporate in the product. And yes, it seems legit that if
> someone
> >
> > wants to use it for commercial purpose, we can draft another
> > agreement/contract after looking at their proposal and requirements.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Prashish
> >
> > On Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:39:39 PM UTC-7, HempalShrestha wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Prashish, Sushil, Everyone
> >>
> >> Great, Please read the response inline....
> >>
> >> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Prashish
> >> <pras...@gmail.com<javascript:>

> >> Both GNU GPL and Creative Commons-Attribution 3.0 will ENSURE that the
> >> Original Authors are given proper ATTRIBUTION (reference in your own
> >> words)

> >> Both GNU GPL and Creative Commons-Attribution -NonCommercial 3.0 will
> >> ENSURE that the Original Authors are given proper ATTRIBUTION (reference
> >> in
> >> your own words) and for personal use without any commercial value.
> >>
> >> - If the project is for personal use (without any commercial value) but
> >>>

> >> Both GNU GPL and Creative Commons-Attribution -NonCommercial-ShareAlike
> >> 3.0 will ENSURE that the Original Authors are given proper ATTRIBUTION
> >> (reference in your own words) and for personal use without any
> commercial
> >>
> >> value and ANY DERIVATIVE WORK based on this work is also (MUST BE) under
> >> the SAME TERMS and CONDITION as GNU GPL or Creative
> >> Commons-Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
> >>
> >> - If the project is for commercial use (with or without change in code
> >>
> >> Any Projects under Both GNU GPL (*kind of: need to develop more clear
> >> modality on this*)  and Creative Commons-Attribution
> >> -NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 *ALLOWS (PERMITS AND DOES NOT PROHIBITS)*
> >>
> >> private (ANOTHER ) Separate Permission to be granted or entered into
> some
> >>
> >> Agreement in written between these TWO Parties (The Original Author and
> >> The
> >> Commercial User).
> >>
> >> For all of the above, my suggestion would be to license the project
> >> under Creative Commons-Attribution -NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
> Unported
> >>
> >> License so that NOT EVERYONE HAS to seek permission like Sushil had to
> >> approach you this time.
> >>
> >> *Only those, who wants to use it for Commercial purpose can / AND /
> [...]

Santa B. Basnet
Nepal Engineering College
Changunarayan, Bhaktapur, Nepal

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FOSS
Nepal" group.
to foss-nepal+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.