Thus said Richard Hipp on Tue, 04 Apr 2017 09:33:40 -0400:

> I'm  inclined  to ignore  their  offer,  as adding  fossil-scm.com  is
> just  one more  DNS entry  to  maintain. But  I am  open to  acquiring
> fossil-scm.com  (and pointing  it  to exactly  the  same webserver  as
> fossil-scm.org) if others think that would be a good idea.

This sounds like a marketing/advertising question. :-)

It seems to  me that what it boils  down to is a question  of whether or
not you  have the spare  change to  maintain another domain.  Setting up
additional DNS entries  is generally extremely easy (depends  on the DNS
software),  but then  you might  have additional  things to  worry about
(e.g. virtual host domains). Will  the .com bring additional interest in
Fossil? Will it assist people who  are looking for DVCS? It isn't likely
that people are going to type  fossil-scm and accidently put .com on the
end (how did they know to type fossil-scm in the first place?).

If  you do  get it,  it  probably isn't  necessary to  make all  current
features found on fossil-scm.org  work with fossil-scm.com. For example,
I see no reason to make the mailing list understand it.

Not sure if this response is helpful.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000058e3f690