Thus said Warren Young on Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:09:02 -0600:

> My  change on  line 70  of  Makefile is  a GNU  make conditional.  I'm
> guessing  you're using  BSD make  or  some other  non-GNU make,  which
> doesn't grok that syntax.

Yes, it is BSD make (on OpenBSD).

BSD make does  have conditionals, but clearly not using  the syntax that
was there.

> The  best I  could tell,  the only  way to  fix this  would be  to add
> GNUmakefile and BSDmakefile  files, each with an  idiomatic version of
> this autoreconfigure target, then include Makefile from each of those.

If I  understand what you're trying  to accomplish, you want  a Makefile
target that will rebuild the Makefile if it's out of date? Would it be a
bad  idea to  add  Makefile as  a prerequisite  of  building Fossil  (in
src/main.mk)?

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000059de8319