On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 1:27 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On 11/20/18, Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Is fossil-dev still the preferred place for dev-specific topics or is the
> > forum preferred for that?
>
> fossil-dev is still alive, but I think the forum is preferred.  So,
> "yes" to both questions.

i'll go ahead and post this here because it's just a one-off bit of food
for thought, rather than something benefiting from a public discussion...

In the scope of my RSI physical therapy i'm adding autosetup to my one
still-active personal project today, stealing liberally from fossil's
auto.def, and i came across:

https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/artifact?udc=1&ln=84-118&name=5bc70ced147c61f8

It seems to me (based solely off of the docs, rather than understanding the
implementation) that that could be implemented much more simply:

proc check-function-in-lib {function libs {otherlibs {}}} {
    set _LIBS [get-define LIBS]
    set found [cc-check-function-in-lib $function $libs $otherlibs]
    define LIBS $_LIBS
    return $found
}

--