> OK, so I think we'd rather use Ubuntu 10.04 but I have version 1.1.0
> (fossology) running on my Ubuntu machine (10.04), is there a way I can
> upgrade to 1.2.1 without removing the data I have collected already with
> the older version of fossology?

The general answer is that upgrades within the major version number (1 in
this case) are supposed to work and if they don't it's a bug and you should
report it. If the fossology team ever needs to break the database schema in
incompatible ways, they will only do so in a major release. It might also
be that the team decides to change the major version number without
breaking things too. Either way hopefully there will be a way to go from
1.x to 2.x, even if it involves some utility that converts your data to the
new way of doing things.

See my other reply in this thread for a list of instructions on how to
upgrade.

--
Matt Taggart
tagg...@fossology.org