Hi all,

New member and fossology user here.  Version 1.2.0 was recommended to
me, with:  "1.2 has both nomos and bsam searches.  Occasionally, bsam
will find things that nomos doesn’t and bsam highlights the license
match, whereas nomos does not.  So on nomos-only matches, you have to
manually scan the file to find the match."  I understand that 1.2 is
no longer supported; and I very much don't want to debate those
statements here.

I'm on Ubuntu Natty 11.04 64 bit on Amazon EC2.  I tried installing
fossology 1.2 from both the Ubuntu repos (with sudo apt-get install
fossology) and svn, and it didn't quite work, throwing...
--------------
 Initializing agents.
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 737: _dl_close: Assertion
`map->l_init_called' failed!
FATAL: '/usr/local/lib/fossology/agents/pkgmetagetta -i' failed to initialize
*** Setting up scheduler ***
<continued with no further errors>
--------------
...during both the apt-get install and also the svn make install.
That led to missing license-agent errors later (see the "Initializing
agents." log line above.  Details of the license-agent error available
upon request).

I realize Ubuntu Natty 11.04 is not a supported platform.

I worked around by installing 1.3 via svn:
svn co https://fossology.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fossology/tags/1.3.0/ .
which has been working fine (I am scanning and reviewing results fine).

Separate issue:   Additional tests on this machine with 1.4 and trunk
from similar urls worked fine.  But please note that the url in this
command:
svn co
http://fossology.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fossology/branches/fossology-1.4.0/
from:
http://fossology.org/download
throws:
svn: Repository moved temporarily to
'/viewvc/fossology/branches/fossology-1.4.0/'; please relocate
Instead, the link that worked for me was:
svn co https://fossology.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fossology/tags/1.4.0/ .
(But I went back to 1.2 as recommended to me.)

So, any help working through the unsupported 1.2.0 ld.so error at the
top of this message would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete