Hello FOSSologists,

We are currently using Fossology Version 3.9.0 and have a few questions about
clearing copyright statements. In the following I describe our observations so
far.

- Scope of copyright decisions
  If you deactivate copyright statements or edit the copyright information,
these changes will affect all previously uploaded packages in which the same
copyright statements appear. The folder, the group or the user does not matter.
The changes affect the whole system.
  This then leads to the fact that when several users work on different
projects, they influence each other regarding their decisions on copyright
statements. In addition, the results (ReadMe_OSS) of an already completed
project cannot be reproduced identically at a later point in time.
  Now my question: Does the described behavior correspond to the intended
copyright clearing workflow?

- Function of "Reuse deactivated copyrights"
  On the page "Upload a New File" is the option "Reuse deactivated copyrights"
when a package is reused. According to the tooltip, if this option is
activated, only the deactivated copyright decisions should be copied from the
reused package. Actually a great feature.
  After we have uploaded a new package (the reuse of a package does not matter
here), we see all copyrights found and deactivated under "Copyright agent /
user findings", which depends on past actions. We always see deactivated
copyright statements, regardless of whether we reuse a package during the
upload or not. Even if we indicate a package for reuse, the option "Reuse
deactivated copyrights" has no effect on the results of the copyright
statements.
  Now my question: What effects should the "Reuse deactivated copyrights"
option have? Under what conditions is the option considered?

Please respond to this email with your comments & feedback. Many Thanks!

Best regards,
Max