From: <fossology@lists.fossology.org> on behalf of "Eschenbacher, Maximilian"
<maximilian.eschenbac...@tq-group.com>
Date: Tuesday, 19. January 2021 at 14:19
To: "fossology@lists.fossology.org" <fossology@lists.fossology.org>
Subject: Re: [FOSSology] General questions about clearing copyright statements

Hello Michael,

thanks for the quick reply and the explanation of copyright editing.

In contrast to the clearing process for licenses, I can't imagine a major
problem with editing copyrights either, I agree with you. It was only about the
fact that the copyright decisions from a project point of view affect other
projects. This can lead to confusion for employees when they first start
clearing copyrights and then find decisions that have already been made (e.g.
deactivations).
Since you have now told me the technical approach behind it, I can communicate
this to the team accordingly or note it in our "Best Practices" guide.

Kind regards!
Max