I have the same problem when I've translated Erik mail about the new
Android app for WMFr members list.  Because in France, a Vice President is
member of board in most of foundations or charities, and almost always it's
a volunteer position.

So to avoid confusion, I have translated as "Directeur exécutif adjoint, en
charge de l'ingénierie et du développement des nouveaux produits",  means
"Deputy Executive Director in charge of engineering and new products
development"

Thierry

2012/2/1 Ilario Valdelli <valde...@gmail.com>

> Really strange because the title of president and that of
> vice-president belong to the board.
>
> Do you know that the board should not have any conflict of interests
> and should do the benefit of the overall foundation?
>
> If the titles of President or Vice-President is in charge of an
> executive person, there is a conflict of interests.
>
> Ilario
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Stuart West <stuw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's kind of an American thing I think.  Many organizations here have
> Vice Presidents, but instead of having a President have someone with the
> title CEO or Executive Director instead.

Thierry Coudray
Administrateur - Trésorier
Wikimédia France <http://www.wikimedia.fr/>
Mob. 06.82.85.84.40