<quote who="Thomas Wood">

> We were aware of this, but since contributions mean that there are often a
> half a dozen different contributors to one file, we thought it may be
> easier to assign copyright and then list the contributors as authors.

Copyright assignment generally doesn't make things for developers easier. It
may make certain things more clear, but not necessarily easier. For a start,
if your aim is sole aggregate copyright ownership, you have to ensure that
contributors have signed the copyright assignment agreement before accepting
their contributions... :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

    "It will test your head. And your mind. And your brain, too." - Jack
                           Black, School of Rock