Hi,

On sam, 2007-12-29 at 00:35 +0000, Baris Cicek wrote:
> Currently we're using Drupal as CMS on guadec.org. Although it is
> convenient if you want to use web page only for announcements but it
> lacks functional bits like Registration Management, CfP and Schedule
> preparing/announcement etc.

Drupal has many, many modules implementing various features, and I would
be very surprised if it couldn't do what you want. Just look at
Event-related modules, they may match your case:
http://drupal.org/project/Modules/category/61

And then, if assembling Drupal modules together is too much work (it may
be), or if you miss a bit of custom PHP code, you could just ask on
http://drupal.org/paid-services for some professional help. IMHO, this
is much more in line with GNOME's ideals.

        Xav