On 27 April 2013 17:08, Stormy Peters <stormy.pet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> They are open source based startups. They call themselves open source
> projects. I think we should refer to them as open source projects
> regardless of what we call GNOME.
>
> If people from open source software projects want to join us at a GNOME
> event to learn more about GNOME, we should welcome them.
>
> Continuously telling some of our biggest fans that they are wrong all the
> time is not the way to grow our project.

As a soft note, I did not read Richard's message this way.

As I understood, he expressed that, they are OSS start-ups in Portland and
that's OK, they may support GNOME, and that's good. *Then*, he expressed
that, regarding GNOME, let's call it Free/Libre software (because this is
what it is), and let's not call it OSS, which is different.

I believe you both agree on your two first paragraphs.

Kindly,
Luc