On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Joanmarie Diggs <jdi...@igalia.com> wrote:

> It's not that we don't like Portland. Hell, if Portlandia is any
> indication, Portland might be the best city EVER. :) Even the
> inconvenience of people having to take an extra and/or longer flight,
> while not great, is not a show-stopper. To me the show-stopper is
> unbudgeted travel expenses with less than a year's notice.

We are a quirky bunch of people. :-)  We're almost like Bostonians except
maybe a little more weirder.

> It is my understanding that quite a few usual "Boston Summit" attendees
> are within reasonable driving distance of Boston. And Montreal, while a
> longer drive, is not undoable for this crowd. But at least in the case
> of my company, the 2013 travel budget was set at the end of 2012. And at
> the end of 2012, we had no indication that I would have to fly
> cross-country from Southern New Hampshire to "Boston." ;) ;)

I've made that drive, it's a good 5-6 hours I believe.  But a really nice
one!  Vermont rocks!

Whether or not we want to rotate "Boston" Summit around the country is
> something for the Foundation membership to decide. If they decide that,
> great. But let's then ensure we have the location selected in time for
> companies and the Foundation to include it in their travel budgets.

I have no problems honestly.  I'm happy to let someone else do it.  I'll
plan something else at some other time.. although the timing for me was
perfect since I'll be on vacation during most of the planning stages.  But
one day we will have a gnome related conference on the west coast.  Count
on it!

sri

Take care.