Hi,

On 11/21/2013 12:12 PM, Allan Day wrote:
> Dave Neary <dne...@gnome.org> wrote:
>> Mairin worked on logo & brand guidelines back in 2006. That was the work
>> (I believe that you based this page off.
>
> Those old guidelines were seriously out of date and were desperately
> in need of a refresh. We have also been wanting to move the guidelines
> off the public wiki for (literally) years. I'm only embarrassed that
> it took me so long to get around to it. :)

what was out of date about them?

>> And all of the links to her
>> work are now broken and point at this page.
>
> Links to our trademark guidelines shouldn't point to our trademark
> guidelines? I don't get your point...

Links to specific revisions in email threads had stopped working, and on
the page I landed on, I did not see the history of the page (as you saw
later in the thread, I did find the history later after logging in, so
the old content hasn't disappeared). I know we can't rely on wili pages
being permalinks, by I for one would like to see "...if you are looking
for the content which was here formerly, you can find it [archive link]
here".

> [1]
> https://cloud.gnome.org/public.php?service=files&t=a449c85c1f3af0d761eddb018e45388b&path=//BrandBook
> [2] https://wiki.gnome.org/action/info/BrandGuidelines?action=info

Would it be possible to link to these when archiving/cleaning out
content, please? The cloud.gnome.org stuff is great - but this is the
first time I've seen it, it's not very findable from the wiki.

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France