On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Dave Neary <dne...@gnome.org> wrote:
> For me, the defining thing the next board will do is hire a successor to
> Karen Sandler as executive director of the foundation.
>
> So my question to all of you is: what are the main characteristics you
> will be looking for in the next executive director?
Thanks Dave for asking this very important question.

> when looking for a profile, there are a number of dials to twiddle:
> * Technical proficiency & reputation in the community, including free
> software cultural alignment
> * Strategy experience - the ability to formulate and communicate a
> direction for GNOME
> * Administrative and organizational experience
> * Business acumen and experience growing a commercial ecosystem
> * Communication/marketing/evangelism experience
> * Cost
>
> Of these, which do you feel are the most important for GNOME right now,
> and why? Are there other criteria which you think are important that I
> didn't list?

I personally believe a future executive director should have all the
skills/experiences you describe and there is really no single skill
that are more importent then ohter

What from my experience makes an effective executive director is the
ability to balance those skills.
With that said, for me its very important that a future executive
director are able to form, communicate and execute a direction for
GNOME.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst