----- Original Message -----

Two additional desirable characteristics for an ED are the ability to fundraise
and legal knowledge.

The board and community members can fulfill many functions of an ED, which is
something that is evident now when we don't have an ED. So I think this gives
us some flexibility in what are the strengths of the person we hire. I think
the two essential characteristics are free software cultural alignment and
organizational abilities. It's important that the ED is able to keep track of
all the activities that need to happen for the GNOME project to be stable and
grow, seek input, and delegate effectively.

Thanks,
Marina