Currently gnome.org does not even use HTTPS by default, let alone HSTS
> or PFS. If we are planning to endorse this campaign, I think we should
> also implement their recommendations.

Assuming gnome.org stands for www.gnome.org I'm asking you whether it makes
sense to "abuse" the use of SSL even when not really needed? the main GNOME
website hosts news, articles, Foundation and Foundation Membership
information, no sensitive information is being sent "over the wire"
unencrypted and eavesdropping such information would be harmless. That said
except the whole website being covered with SSL on demand if the user
really wants every single byte encrypted the relevant areas (being wp-login
and wp-admin) are automatically redirected to HTTPS for secure logins to
happen.

It has to be said a few other websites (like help.gnome.org and
planet.gnome.org) are currently being served through HTTPS by default (even
if they are serving static pages with no sensitive information or login
form exposed to the public) but the reason behind it is merely related to
the fact we have a permanent redirect rule on our proxies that forward all
the requests being sent to the unencrypted wires to a SSL-enabled vhost
which then reverse proxies the requests to the internal network.

Honestly I don't think SSL should be abused when it's not really needed and
most of all I still think the GNOME Infrastructure would care deeply about
the privacy and security of its users even without serving the planet, the
documentation website and the main GNOME website with HTTPS by default.

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,