On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 11:25 AM Neil McGovern <n...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 19:25 -0500, James wrote:
> > One question: is Emmanuele given any particular tasks or direction
> > for
> > GTK+, eg: does the GNOME foundation have any specific priorities
> > they'd like to address, or is it more self-directed?
> >

> In general, the Foundation has the following high level goals:
>  * Increased user base
>  * Sustainable project and foundation
>  * Wider awareness and mindshare

Any openness in improving our cross platform story?  I understand that
is a very large ask and may not be the best use of Foundation
resources, but I do believe that this is something that would be
beneficial for GTK+ as a project (vs the desktop)  especially if we
can make gains in growing sectors like automotive, healthcare and IoT.

> As part of this, we're coming up with medium length (think: 5 year)
> strategies and goals, and the GTK work will feed into this. So it's not
> a free-for-all, but as with any employment, I expect a certain amount
> of self-direction and a conversation about what any employee thinks
> would be best to concentrate on.

For sure!  Thanks for the clarification.

> This will start to form in the next few weeks. We're already looking at
> GTK team meetings, and a development plan.

This is excellent.  Please let the engagement team know how we can
help with outreach/wider awareness/mindshare.

Cheers,

sri