Hi all,

The GNOME Foundation has confirmed funding for three spots in Outreachy for the
May round! If you would like to mentor this round, please head to
https://www.outreachy.org/may-2019-august-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/gnome/submit-project/
 as soon as possible and submit your project idea there. All project ideas need
to be added in the Outreachy's application system by mentors by March 10 and
approved by the triage committee (Matthias Clasen, Allan Day, and Sriram
Ramkrishna) and coordinator (me) by March 12. Only ideas approved in the system
by March 12 will be available for Outreachy this round, so even if you are
working with a prospective candidate on a project idea, you have to add it by
March 10 to provide some time for us to review it. Mentors or applicants will
not be able to propose new project ideas for this round of Outreachy after that.

You can offer the same project idea for Outreachy as you are offering for
Google Summer of Code (you still need to list it in the Outreachy system as
described above). If you have the same applicant who applies for both programs,
we will first consider them for GSoC, as GNOME has more spots there. However,
please note that the GSoC stipend is less than the Outreachy stipend in many
countries. Outreachy has some guidance related to that for applicants:
https://www.outreachy.org/apply/gsoc/ and
https://www.outreachy.org/blog/outreachy-applications-are-open/

Because GNOME only usually has a few participants in Outreachy, we are looking
to offer projects that are most strategic for GNOME. These include, but are not
limited to, projects in the area of privacy, GTK+, core experience, core
applications, developer experience, and development infrastructure.

Outreachy application deadline is March 26. Please also consider applying or
encouraging others to apply with the help of the resources at
https://www.outreachy.org/promote/ More information about GNOME's participation
in Outreachy is available at https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/Outreachy

Please feel free to e-mail gnome-outreachy-l...@gnome.org , which is a private
mailing list with Outreachy coordinator and mentors for GNOME, with any
questions.

Thanks,
Marina