> Thanks for the info.
>
> I'm getting the following when attempting to configure the VE Int:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#int ve 1
> Please configure the ve before proceeding further
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#ve
>   ASCII string
> [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#ve 2
> [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#
>
> It appears as though the ServerIron XL does not support Virtual Routing
> Interfaces?
>
> I am running ver 07.4.00T12

Do you have a VE defined for your server side vlan - something
like the following?

vlan 178 by port
  tagged ethe 1 to 2
   router-interface ve 3

I'm on 07.4.00bT12.  I'd get off the base 00 release if you
can.  Not sure how bad it is on the XL's but on the SI-100's
I think there are 10 bug fix releases since the base
release that cover some huge problems.  The "sub" releases
are not made available via the web site.  You'll have to ask
the TAC for an image.

Off topic - is it just me or does everyone hate the way sub releases
are not made visible to support customers on the web site?  Having
to ring up and ask if there's been any recent bug fix releases is
plain daft imho.


David
...

Reply via email to