Yah. No VE's on the XL series. You need to use server source-ip and ip-subnet vlans like so:
server source-ip 192.168.5.253 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.1 server source-ip 10.0.16.8 255.255.252.0 10.0.16.1 vlan 110 by port tagged ethe 9 to 10 ip-subnet 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 ! vlan 111 by port tagged ethe 9 to 10 ip-subnet 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 ! vlan 112 by port tagged ethe 9 to 10 ip-subnet 10.0.16.0 255.255.252.0 Vlan 111 has no source-ip as the management ip interface is in that subnet. You can only have a max of 8 source-ips defined. Basically you are just giving the SI an ip interface from which to send it's health-checks. You will also need to configure ip forwarding and "router interfaces" depending on your topology. I use DSR so do not need to use the SI as a default router. This has it's own disadvantages however. I believe I've posted this a little more clearly here before: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=foundry-nsp&m=108570138613104&w=2 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Bellears Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 8:00 PM To: David J. Hughes Cc: [email protected] Subject: RE: [f-nsp] Serveriron xl - Def GW for real servers? Hi David, > > Just point the real server's default at the layer 3 vlan > interface address (the VE interface). Route the real > server vlan prefix at the serveriron from your core > router(s) and you'll be able to talk to the reals directly for > management etc. Thanks for the info. I'm getting the following when attempting to configure the VE Int: [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#int ve 1 Please configure the ve before proceeding further [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#ve ASCII string [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)#ve 2 [EMAIL PROTECTED](config)# It appears as though the ServerIron XL does not support Virtual Routing Interfaces? I am running ver 07.4.00T12 Regards, MB _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
