On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:58:10PM +0100, Niels Bakker wrote: > * kristian at juniks.net (Kristian Larsson) [Mon 07 Nov 2005, 19:44 CET]: > >I would like to hear about peoples experiences with the BigIron 4k and > >IPv6. > > It will forward all IPv6 packets in software. That's alright, for now. I'm looking at ~20Mbps which I'm sure it can do with process switching, right? > > > >The only mentioning of v6 in the CLI is ipv6-proto vlan which I don't > >really know what to do with, seems I am unable to set an address. > > That creates a "protocol vlan" for ethertype 0x86dd, as I understand it. And what do I do then? ;) > > > >What firmware versions are you guys running, does v6 work well? > > I'm not routing IPv6 on Foundry equipment, but you'll need at least > version 7.7. I'm running 7.8.00k (B2P7800k). Should I be using something else?
> http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/srIPv6/IPv6_Getting_Started.html > > > -- Niels. > > -- > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
