If I remember correctly there is no hardware sflow sampling in IronCore. Your only option then is an external host running an sflow probe, and mirror ports. InMon makes one:
http://www.inmon.com/products/probes.php I use InMon's Traffic Server...it's pretty fantastic once you learn to use it. I do wish it was a little more 'open'. I would love to access whatever dB they use with my own scripts. Last I checked NTOP had some very limited sflow reporting, using the sflow-tools freely distributed by InMon, it was pretty minimal though: http://www.ntop.org -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Kristian Larsson Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 2:25 PM To: Olivier Marc Cc: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net Subject: Re: [f-nsp] Sflow and/or measurement On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:03:38PM +0100, Olivier Marc wrote: > Hi, > I search a simple method to use sflow or equivalent solution with ironcores > modules (ex. :NI4GMR). What do you wish to accomplish? I am currently sampling sFlow data to collect statistics over to which ASs our traffic is going. It's rather simple, sflow-tools together with a homebuilt perl script. There's not many of-the-shelf products available for sFlow but if you're handy with Perl you can do most of it yourself. Please provide a bit more information on what you actually want to do and I will try to help you out further :) Kristian. _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
