On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 12:23:34AM +0100, Olivier Marc wrote: > > If it doesn't *have* to be sflow, then there are > > several free > > netflow-based solutions using port mirroring and a > > unix box. I have had > > some success with FreeBSD and it's ng_netflow module > > with flow-tools, > > for instance. I believe ntop can collect netflow > > data too, as can nprobe. > > > Thanks all for your answer (and sorry for my poor > english :) ) > > But the mirroring solution, which consequence implies > ? > Which is the limit ? > > It would be necessary that this solution can support a > network of 1,5Gbps... Is that bidirectional? PF_RING could perhaps be of assistance, but I'm doubtful it will pull off 1,5Gbps.
1,5Gbps is a funny figure. is that perhaps 750Mbit bidirectional traffic? or 1,5 on a 10gbps interface? if the latter you actually have 3gbps of traffic. if the former you could perhaps split the job onto two machines. hardware wise I would recommend Opteron as they have superior memory bandwidth compared to anything else. Couple that with PCI-express based networks cards and you will have no IO transaction limits (you'll get wirespeed gigg). Kristian > > > > > > ___________________________________________________________________________ > Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger > T?l?chargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
