Patrick, you could bind the default port to the app server (port default, and bind default, respectively) but Im not sure of the implications with port 80 then, I am thinking it might overwrite it. Kind of a wierd one there.......There aren't port ranges, unfortunately, that would help for your particular case. I think your best bet is to write up a script that generates the port ranges, then you can just drop that into the config, I think thats your only option. You could try the default binding first, just to see, but I think thats going to fold in the port 80 traffic as well.
Mike On 12/1/05, Zurek, Patrick <pzurek at uillinois.edu> wrote: > > > Greetings all, > > I'm trying to share a particular IP address between our main application > server and our VIP. Basically, I would like all requests to port 80 on > ishare.illinois.edu (for example) to be distributed amongst the real web > servers, like it currently is. Otherwise, all other traffic should to > default to the application server, or at least the particular ports I'm > interested in. This can probably be done with FreeBSD & pf but I'm trying > to use resources already in place. > > The best I can come up with so far is to define the application server as > a real server and bind all the ports I want forwarded to the app server on > the VIP. > > For example: > > server real eisweb7 128.174.93.47 > port http > port http url "HEAD /" > port http status-code 200 299 302 302 > ! > server real eisweb8 128.174.93.48 > port http > port http url "HEAD /" > port http status-code 200 299 302 302 > > server real appserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > port 10000 > ... > port 12999 > > > server virtual eisweb 128.174.93.40 > sym-priority 50 > sym-active > port http sticky > bind http eisweb7 http eisweb8 http > bind 10000 appserver 10000 > ... > bind 12999 appserver 12999 > > > The big problem is, there are approximately 700 ports (don't ask..) that > would need to be forwarded to the application server. So, is there a way to > have all traffic default to a particular real server if it's not to port > 80? Or is there a way to specify port ranges? Or just an altogether better > way of doing this? > > Thanks for the help! > > Pat Zurek > pzurek at uillinois.edu > > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/foundry-nsp/attachments/20051201/1c7b9593/attachment.html
