"Zurek, Patrick" <pzurek at uillinois.edu> writes: > I'm trying to share a particular IP address between our main > application server and our VIP. Basically, I would like all > requests to port 80 on ishare.illinois.edu (for example) to be > distributed amongst the real web servers, like it currently is. > Otherwise, all other traffic should to default to the application > server, or at least the particular ports I'm interested in. This > can probably be done with FreeBSD & pf but I'm trying to use > resources already in place.
You could probably do this with a transparent vip. It's simple in theory. The idea is to use a layer 4 policy to just redirect tcp/80 from the vip address to the real servers, letting other traffic destined for this address through to some other port (i.e. your appserver): (config)# server transparent-vip (config)# ip policy 1 cache tcp 80 local (config)# server virtual eisweb 128.174.93.40 (config)# transparent-vip (config)# ... and then for each port connected to clients: (config)# int e 1 (config)# ip policy 1 I haven't tried it though... ref http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/sixl/slb.html#66179 > The best I can come up with so far is to define the application > server as a real server and bind all the ports I want forwarded to > the app server on the VIP. binding to the default port, as Mike suggested, should also let you do this without having to specify all the individual ports. Bj?rn
