Am 06.10.2009 20:24, harbor235 schrieb: > All, > > I am looking for perfromance stats for a BigIron Jetcore, information is > very scarce. > I am having CPU problems and on once inteface I am seeing 350m of > bandwidth, aggregate > through the box is approx peak 725m. Can this box handle this?
Depends on the kind/type of traffic. The box can handle even more if it is all hardware-based forwarding. But beware of any CPU handled traffic, this can kill the box very quickly. > I am seeing a good bit of jumbos as well, how does a gig interface with > a standard mtu > handle jumbo frames? fragment? drop? if so is fragmentation perfromed in > hardware? If the interfaces are L2-only the box will surely drop any frames that causes MTU mismatches. If you have a L3 config on that interfaces the box can fragment the packets but this is CPU handled traffic when I remember the internals correctly. What kind of BigIron box dou you have - IrconCore, JetCore, RX? > Any help on good troubleshooting resources would be appreciated, > foundry/brocade website > sucks Indeed, the availability of public technical information for Foundry/Brocade sadly tends to 0 and the documents you can download after a registration is more CLI related then it would cover such interesting stuff like hardware specifications. -- Gerald (ax/tc) _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
