If I recall correctly, there's a number of entries handled in ASIC (hw), which you cannot see or monitor, and in dynamic cam (sw), which you can monitor with the values below.

Once they both run out, it starts processing packets over CPU, and that really doesn't work.



On 5/21/10 3:09 PM, Fabio Mendes wrote:


Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy !

This is exactly what I've been saying to this customer: You're using to much L4 entries, resize the CAM so L4 entries will be plenty.

But this customer (a VERY stubborn one, BTW) claims something like "but this never happened before, how come this happens now ?"

I'll back there and try to take a more "psychological" than a technical approach this time.

BTW, why the output does not show how much L4 entries in hardware are being used ?

When it displays:

L4 pool 3 index range:
 (sw) 40960 - 43519    (0x0a000 - 0x0a9ff), free 0 (0x00000)
 (hw) 24576 - 27135    (0x06000 - 0x069ff)

sw means software and hw means hardware (duh!), but what is their practical meaning anyway ?


--

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional

"A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your lips will not return." Jewish Proverb

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
[email protected]

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl


_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to