I have servers that generally run in production with two interfaces of a stack of FCXs in a trunk running to a linux server. The linux server has both interfaces bonded. That works well.
The problem comes in when if the server needs to be net booted in order to rebuild it using kickstart or any other reason it might need to netboot. At boot time, the interfaces are not bonded at the server. If a DHCP query goes out on one interface, the response might come back on the other interface. Short of hard coding a MAC address on the kickstart server for each server, is there any way I can tell the switch to ignore DHCP clients on the second interface? For example, it would seem like I would like to "config-trunk-ind" on the trunk and then "dhcp snoop client disable <interface>" on all but the primary port. But even that might not address the tftp problem. It seems that trunking ports to a server for high-availability breaks net boot unless you hard code the macs in the DHCP server and I am not positive that even that will address the problem because traffic might STILL go out the additional trunk ports. The fundamental problem is that at net-boot, the two ports are trunked on the switch but are not trunked on the server at that point and it appears that the BIOS brings up all NICs during netboot. Has anyone managed to work around this? _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
