Hi Gerald, Just wondering if you happened to upgrade to 5.1. We're actually running pre 4.x code on our XMR's and would like to upgrade to fix a few bugs and gain features. There are specific features only introduced in 5.1 that are very attractive to me. Wondering if you've pulled the trigger yet and how 5.1 is running in your environment.
I also am wondering if there are any Hurricane Electric engineers on this list. I know their backbone is largely based (if not entirely) on the XMR platform, both from what I've read and having actually seen one of their core routers in a cage we are both in. I was curious as to what code revision they might be running as I'm sure they have extensive experience with the XMR on their dual stack v4/v6 backbone. Plus I've rarely heard of or have seen any major issues with Hurricane Electric so I'd assume they're relatively happy with the code revision they are running. I might just ask our Brocade rep if they'd be willing to find out and share that information with us if possible. Vinny Abello Network Engineer Dell | Physician Services office +1 973 940 6125 mobile +1 973 868 0610 [email protected] -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gerald Krause Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:51 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [f-nsp] XMR Software Upgrade Path from 4.0.1a Just FYI: as a summary of all on- and off-list receivend responses I'll go for the 5.1 train. Thx! -- Gerald (ax/tc) Am 11.01.2011 12:24, schrieb Gerald Krause: > Hi, > > we have some XMRs in production, all with the older 4.0.1a code. The > Systems are doing mainly L3 things like OSPF, BGP and VRRP within an > IPv4/IPv6 dualstack environment but no *PLS or special L2 services at > the moment. > We plan to upgrade the systems with an newer software release and I > wondering if there exist any arguments against using the latest 5.1 code? > > Cheers, > -- > Gerald (ax/tc) > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > [email protected] > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp > _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
_______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
