                                From:   James Kahlden
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                                Sent:   Wednesday, March 21, 2001 3:14 PM
                                To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                Subject:        Version 4.3 to 6.2.1 upgrade
question

                        Hello List,

                        We are looking at updating our version 4.3 system to
version 6.2.1 in order to expand our system to include the new CP60.  We
currently use AW/WP51B's with Display Manager and the Legacy Historian.  Our
CP's are fault tolerant CP40A's.  We have 5 nodes connected via Carrier Band
LAN.  We can not shut down all nodes at once, since this system controls two
600 megawatt coal fired power generators.

                        Questions?

                        1. Do all of the nodes need to be converted at one
time to 6.2.1 or can some nodes exist at 4.3  while part of the node is at
6.2.1?

                        2. Can we continue to use our Display Manager
displays, or do we have to change to the Fox View displays?

                        3. Can we continue to use the Legacy Historian at
version 6.2.1, or do we have to convert to the AIM historian?

                        4. Is there a different CP image at version 6.2.1
that requires a reboot of the CP for this upgrade?

                        Thanks for any guidance that you can give, as we are
looking to see what windows of opportunity we have for doing this type of
upgrade.

                        Jim Kahlden
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                        To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send
any mail to
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]