Ken,

To efficiently set the appropriate state of a number of blocks at the
same time I use a calc or logic block.  I trigger the calc block with a
boolean input that can be pulsed from a display (momentary contact) or
from sequence logic.  The calc block uses an appropriate OSP to toggle
on and off a boolean output to which the the AUTSW of the target blocks
is connected.  The same block can also pulse the appropriate REMSW or
LOCSW when setting the state of control blocks.

This approach is, I feel, more efficient than setting the state of each
block from within sequence logic, and easier to maintain and
troubleshoot than UNIX level scripts.  It is also re-usable.  As long
as attention is paid to what blocks are connected to which logic, the
state change logic can be shared by multiple sequence logic blocks and
buttons on operator graphics.  The calc block can have multiple
triggers for a variety of desired states.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell