Hello all,

For those of you attending the conference, here are a few items of note.

I am speaking as a member of the steering committee here, so bear with me.

First.
There will be a welcome reception Sunday night at the Westin.  This should
provide everyone with an opportunity to do a little informal mixing and
would be a good place to discuss problems and lobby for improvements you
want to see made to the system.  Plus a good turnout for the welcome
reception would be appreciated by our Foxboro hosts.  And it makes us look
good too. Oh yeah, free drinks!

Second.
There is supposed to be, a white board, or paper wall, or something to that
effect, to post messages on during the conference.  If you want to get a
group of people with similar ideas and issues together you can put a
message up where everyone is SUPPOSED to check. Or you can decide to
present a topic of your own choosing to see how it's received.

Third.
We have asked that some of the rooms at either the Hynes, or the Westin be
made available for groups to meet after hours.  That way you could get
thirty  plus people together for an ad hoc discussion.

Fourth.
Although the agenda is fairly crowded, do try to spend a little time after
hours getting to know other users.  The conference is shorter this year, so
don't plan spending as many nights out on the town.  The whole point is to
come together and get to know each other better.

Fifth.
That's my fifth! Don't drink my bourbon!

Sixth.
The steering committee will be turning over a lot of people at the end of
this year, and some new faces are needed. If you are interested in serving
on the steering committee next year, try to let Edward Prejean (el
presidente') know about your interest as early in the conference as possible.

Hope to see you there.
David