Hi all

I currently have an installation that is hosted by a 51 E. On this unit I
have Aim* historian which is sampling around 600 points, mainly analogue,
approximately every 5 seconds. I also have an off platform PC that also has
Aim* with an identical historian, which is pulling the data through the
second Ethernet port. Also on this same Ebox we have the interface for our
OSI PI server. This is collecting about 2500 points, half of which are
digital and the other half are analogue. The sample rates for these are five
seconds for the analogues and two seconds for the digital.
We are now looking to install another interface for a QCK analyzer (FLS) and
I am concerned that we will overload the API or the second Ethernet port.
Is there any way to calculate the loading on this second Ethernet port or
what the max is. Has anyone else used this QCX analyzer and how did you
interface it to the Foxboro, is there a better way than over the second
Ethernet card. Our second port is currently 10 Mbit, I think that is the max
available

Chris Little
Blue Circle Cement
Roberta Plant