Just a note of a problem we have encountered with IP/21/CIMIO/FoxAPI that
may or may not apply here.  There is a bug in how IP/21 handles get records.
We thought initially if we turned the record processing off when we added
points and turned it back on it would rebuild the sets properly.  This is
not the case.  It begins rebuilding (close and reopen) the set in API as
soon as a change is made and <CR>.  This causes a problem when multiple
points are being changed or added.  CIMIO is trying to open and close the
same set multiple times at the same time.  What happens is one of the CIMIO
processes dies and dumps a huge core file which really drags down the
system.  This really gave us fits for a while because IP/21 just would not
communicate.  We had to get an Aspen tech out to resolve this issue.  He did
state this is not happening on all installations for some reason.  It is
just random.  What we are now doing on Aspen's recommendation in the interim
(a fix is supposedly in work) is to stop CIMIO make all changes and restart
it.  This works but is annoying.

Chad Airhart
Instrument, Electrical & Control Systems Engineer
Equistar Chemicals, LP.
Victoria, TX
Wk. (361) 572-2568
Pgr. (361) 270-2214 alpha messaging at  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fx. (361) 572-2541