Zitat von Michael Schnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Some comments / questions:
>

> "rebuild the IDE with the LCL.
>
> Does that mean just using "Tools -> Buid Lazarus", or should we use the
> "Build"-Button in "Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus", with once or
> multiple times with different options (e.g. "build LCL and build IDE, or
> just "Build All") ?

I meant: It is not sufficient to only rebuild the IDE.
Maybe it is better to say: rebuild all lazarus parts.
Feel free to improve this, so that a non laz devel understands it.

> "fpmake" step
>
> I suppose this can be done in Windows as well

yes

> I do hope this does not rebuild the Free Pascal compiler (which I don't
> suppose to be updated to using a new widgetset)

Don't worry. fpmake is only the Free Pascal Makefile generator.

>[...]
> "Compile your new widgetset in the IDE"
>
> Does this mean
>  - go into "Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus"
>  - select "Build LCL"
>  - select the your new widget set as "Target"
>  - hit Build

Target is only needed when cross compiling to other operating systems and/or
processor types.

I forgot:
To use the new widgetset in the project you need to change the project /
compiler options / widgetset.

This is already mentioned several times in the wiki, but some things should be
told again and again.

Can you write the above in the wiki, so that a non lazarus devel understands it?

Mattias