On 17 Nov 2009, at 08:18, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Jonas Maebe schreef:
>> And as mentioned before, it's with the stress on "game": the results on that
>> site depend on almost as much on the implementation effort that people have
>> put in optimizing the source code for "their" language as it does on the
>> compiler.
>
> And:
> If you look at CPU secs, then the factor is 3 at most. What helps the C++
> programs most is that they use 4 cores more, the fpc programs are mostly
> singlethreaded. LLVM doesn't help to solve this (AFAIK).

I don't think that LLVM contains an auto paralleliser at this time (not for
SIMD, nor for multiple threads). Anyway, the above is an example of what I
mentioned earlier (in the quoted text at the top of this message), since it's
of course perfectly possible to also write multi-threaded versions using FPC.